Please take a minute to read the material below and learn more about who we
are, what we do, and why.
1. We do not have any human creed book, but simply believe that God's word
is our authority. The Bible is the inspired, complete, and perfect word of God
(II Timothy 3:16 -17 and II Peter 1:3).
2. The Bible tells us that if you ask us a Bible question, we are commanded to
give you a Bible answer (I Thessalonians 5:21, I Peter 3:15, and Romans 12:2).
3. The Bible tells us that we cannot add to or take from God's written word
(Revelation 22:18 -19, Deuteronomy 4:2, and Galatians 1:8-9).
4. The Bible tells us that we will be judged based upon the Law of Christ (John
12:48 ). Thus, the Bible teaches us that the Law of Moses [Old Testament] is
not binding today (Colossians 2:14, Romans 7:1-6, and Hebrews 9:15-17).
5. We do not practice any doctrines that are man-made, this would be a
violation of God's Law (Galatians 1:10 and Matthew 15:7-9).
6. The Bible speaks of ONLY ONE church (Ephesians 4:4, Ephesians 1:22-23,
Colossians 1:18, Matthew 16:18, and I Corinthians 12:12-13). The church is
not the building, but the people (I Corinthians 12:27 ).
7. Notice why the church of Christ is that one church spoken of in the Bible:
A. A Bible name (Romans 16:16 and Ephesians 4:12 ).
B. Not formed by division and does not bear anyone else's name (I
Corinthians 1:10 -13).
C. Christ is the founder and head (Matthew 16:18 and Colossians 1:18 ).
D. Worship God in Spirit and Truth (John 4:23 -24).
(1) Every first day of the week Lord's Supper when saints
assemble together to partake (Acts 20:7, Matthew 26:26-30, and I
Corinthians 11:23 -29).
(2) Every first day of the week contribution (I Corinthians 16:1-2).
(3) Bible only preaching (II Timothy 4:2, Romans 1:16, Mark 16:
15-16, and Matthew 28:19).
(4) We pray (I Thessalonians 5:17 ).
(5) We sing scriptural songs, without the accompaniment of a
musical instrument realizing that only the heart is where the
melody in New Testament worship is to be made -(Matthew 26:30,
Romans 15:9, I Corinthians 14:15, Ephesians 5:19, and Colossians
8. We believe what the Bible teaches relative to the plan of salvation
(including the fact that all must count the cost of discipleship -Luke 14:25 -33):
A. One must hear God's word (Romans 10:14-17, Matthew 13:19, and
B. One must believe that Gospel (Mark 16:15 -16, Hebrews 11:6, John 8:
24 , and John 3:16 ).
C. One must repent of their sins (Luke 13:3;5, Acts 2:38 , Acts 26:20,
and Acts 17:30 ).
D. One must confess that Christ is the Son of God (Acts 8:37 , Romans
10:10 , and Matthew 10:32 -33).
E. One must be baptized by immersion for the remission of sins into the
body of Christ his church (Acts 2:38 , Romans 6:1-6, Galatians 3:27 , I
Corinthians 12:12-13, I Peter 3:20-21, Acts 8:12, Acts 22:16, II
Corinthians 5:17 and John 3:1-5).
F. One must continue to obey the Lord all the days or his / her life
(Colossians 1:23 ).
Please note that all of the scripture passages above are inspired by God as written in His Holy Word (II Timothy 3:16 ) “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32 ).We hope and pray that you will consider the things above. We urge you to study with us, that we may help you as Aquila & Priscilla helped Apollos learn the way of God more perfectly(Acts 18:26). Please feel free to ask us for an individual Bible study or a Bible study with you!
We would also like to share with you an opportunity to study the Bible in the privacy of your own home. We offer Bible correspondence courses and will do our best to help you to make Heaven your home if provided the opportunity.